Diving into developing ideas further, exploration of words and concepts have been investigated further to gain a better understanding. Reflecting upon all previous mood boards, ideas and project proposals as far, the following topics of host, virus, digital and biological, resonates with my overal artistic expresion of “Systems and Process”
Concept areas which I’m investigating in this project will explore ideas in relation to the processes of:
Virus –> Host –> Infection –> Digital & Biological –> Processes
Processes –> Systems –> Liner Steps
Absorption –> Entry –> Replication –> Assembly –> Release
Key Points & Words
- an infection or disease caused by a virus
- a harmful or corrupting influence
- a piece of code which is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect, such as corrupting the system or destroying data.
- Biology an animal or plant on or in which a parasite or commensal organism lives. Also, host cell a living cell in which a virus multiplies.
- A person or animal that has received transplanted tissue or a transplanted organ.
- A host computer, a computer which stores a website or other data that can be accessed over the Internet or which provides other services to a network.
- A website or other data stored on a server or other computer so that it can be accessed over the Internet: Columbia University currently hosts some 400 websites.
- a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end
- a natural series of changes
- a systematic series of mechanised or chemical operations that are performed in order to produce something
- Computing an instance of a program being executed in a multitasking operating system, typically running in an environment that protects it from other processes.
- a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network
- Physiology a set of organs in the body with a common structure or function: the digestive system.
- the human or animal body as a whole: you need to get the cholesterol out of your system.
- Computing a group of related hardware units or programs or both, especially when dedicated to a single application.
- Geology (in chronostratigraphy) a major range of strata that corresponds to a period in time, subdivided into series: the Devonian system.
- Astronomy a group of celestial objects connected by their mutual attractive forces, especially moving in orbits about a centre: the system of bright stars known as the Gould Belt.
Working Through Ideas
I have begun working through some of the ideas which I have in order do dive in and explore them on a deeper lever of thinking around my outset concepts. Based on this one idea, I have been exploring variations, translations and extensions of each aspect of the mockup.