One experiment which I wanted to investigate was a reprojection test of content on the surface of the balloon. This is a commonly used technique which can sometimes produce interesting results. In this case, I took some of my motion graphics videos and projected them onto a surface whilst simultaneously filming the projections. Next, I took these videos and reprojected them onto the balloon’s surface to see the result. I was hoping the microscopic imagery might become more camera like have a more realistic appearance as a result.
I think reprojecting the imagery didn’t have any beneficial effect on the imagery this time. In actual fact it made some of the imagery worse adding more grain and distortion into the content which was to be re projected. Unfortunately this didn’t work however, it was essential to test this anyway as a technique.